Virginiah Wangui Murimi, a Kenyan citizen aged 22yrs in Kisii Region and a third year student of Kisii University studying Bachelor of Science in Conservation Biology.
Alongside other four team members of Ambassador of Change in Kisii Region, Kenya namely: Christine Owiti, Vincent Muritu, Sharon Kisiak and Kevine Mariita formed a team since challenges in our community are similar.
Our goal as an SNCC Ambassador of Change in our society is to;
- To build up self awareness, assertiveness and improve on the self esteem and change the negative attitudes among young people in our community especially the girl child.
- To positively impact and change lives of children and young people.
- To empower young girls to become responsible leaders and members of the global society.
Area of Concentration
- Bring Eradication of child prostitution,.
- Create awareness of gender based violence, injustices and early pregnancies.
- Mentorship programs and counseling services to both girls- schools and the community at large.
- Engaging the youth’s parents and getting to learn of the challenges they face and strategies to implement and save our society to meet the SDG number 3 : good health and well being, number 5: gender equality,number 10: reduced inequalities,number 16: peace,justice and strong institutions.
- With your support,we believe we will end these Inequalities. If given the opportunity, i will call for the support and help of SNCC, to bring to an end these challenges and injustices, which children and the young people are exposed.
- We are ready to learn and equip ourselves with more knowledge and skills from your foundation and the world at large to save our generation.
Am heartily willing to dedicate all the skills I have acquired through scouting, peer counseling training, first aid training and volunteering to meet these goal, mission and vision. I will voluntarily offer my services to ensure that the SNCC also attains it’s goal in saving the girl-child, young women and less privileged children.