Peculiar Caleb is a resident of Akwa- Ibom, in Nigeria. She is part of the Agip initiative.
What is Agip Initiative. It is an initiative that focus on every girl- child in the society.
Peculiar and her team recently organized and engaged in "Save and Nature Child Care Foundation Rural Community Welfare /HIV testing/ Sensitizing Outreach" for her leadership task
Sensitization Team, on the 17th of April 2019, at Adadia village in Uruan Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
- 29 Male were tested for HIV/AIDS.
- 49 females were tested tested for HIV/AIDS
- No access to clean and drinkable water for the villagers.
- Inadequate food supply thereby causing high rate of malnutrition among children and adolescents.
- High rate of malaria and fever illness among children and adolescence.
- High rate of unwanted/unprepared pregnancy and child birth by minor girls between the ages of 13-17.
- Inability to afford good education.
- Inability to access the community, due to bad road .
- Distribution of food, snack and materials to the children in the community.
- Health tips to help curb hunger and starvation.
- Provides hygiene sanitary towels and pads, to help the girls and minor mothers who could not afford the items.
Suggestions and Solutions
Peculiar's advise and suggestions for the community’s welfare development are:
To Conduct Quarterly supportive and supervisory visit to counsel and
mentor the children, girls and adolescence to make good decisions for their lives.
By establishing or set- up children and young people in friendly centers.
To coordinate a one week counseling & mentoring Boot Camp in the summer period to enable us efficiently address and tackle the situation of things in the rural community.
Peculiar and her team, called out to Save and Nurture Child Care Foundation, to kindly intervene by giving support and grants.
Peculiar Caleb says, a very big thank you to everyone that sacrificed and made the outreach a great success. The outreach and leadership task was conducted by Peculiar and her team, Achieving Girl Pride Initiative (Agip Initiative).
Objective of the Task
This change maker request for support to enable her tackle the pandemic in the community, so that children and adolescents girls can have a fulfilling future.
She is passionate about changing her community and the world at large.