Kevine Ndarera Mariita aged 20 years old from Kisii, Kenya Region. He is a male student at Kisii University and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education,
Through the numerous workshop organized by various foundations in collaboration with the University, I am well equipped with counseling skills through the Peer Counseling training which was held at our University.
Through the Kenya Scouts Association,am also equipped with agricultural skills such as on how to Carry out Smart Agriculture inorder to increase food production in my society and country at large.
Through the same Association,I also gained leadership skills through the various workshops which were organised by the same Association.Another important skill which am well equipped with is first aid training in Partnership with St.John Ambulance and our University.
Alongside my team of Ambassadors of Change namely; Christine Owiti,, Vincent Muritu, Sharon Kisiak and Virginiah Wangui strongly believe we can bring a change in the Kisii,Kenya Region.
Whatever motivates us as a team is the goal to build up self awareness, assertiveness and improve on self esteem and change negative attitudes among young people in our community especially the girl child. This being a motive, and a vision to change lives of young people.
- To empower young girls to become responsible leaders and members of the Global Society.
- Areas of Social work being; eradication of child prostitution, gender based violence, injustices and early pregnancies.
- Committing ourselves to offer mentorship programs and counseling services to both girl schools and the community at large.
- Engaging the youth’s parents and getting ready to learn of the challenges they face.
Strategies to implement
- Adopting and meeting SDGs 3- Good health and well being.
- Creating awareness of gender equality by adopting SDG 5- Gender Equality.
- Reduce Inequalities in the society, especially among children and young people by adopting SDG 10- Reduce inequalities.
- Create a peaceful and a society where there is fair and equal right to justice by adopting SDG 16- Peace, justice and strong institutions.
With your support we believe,we will end all this inequalities. We therefore call for your help and support as SNCC Foundation to bring to an end these contemporary challenges and injustices into which children and the young people are exposed.
We are ready to learn and equip ourselves with more knowledge and skills from your foundation and the world at large to save our today and tomorrow generation.