Christine Owiti ,a female aged 22years, from Kisii Region Kenya alongside a team of Ambassadors of Change namely Vincent Muritu, Virginiah Wangui,Kevine Mariita and Sharon Kisiak.
Christine Owiti is a student at Kisii University, who just completed her fourth year undergraduate study of Bachelor’s Degree course in Purchasing and Supplies Management.
- To empower young girls to become responsible leaders and members of the Global Society.
- To eradicate girl- child prostitution , gender based Violence, Injustice and early pregnancies.
- Committing and providing mentorship programs and counseling services to both girl in schools and the community at large.
- Engaging the youth's parents in the daily activities of their children through counseling work and outreach programs.
- Meet up SDG 3- Good health and wellness being.
- Actively create awareness on SDG 5- Gender Equality.
- Create awareness and break- down gender stereotypes in the society, by resolving SDG 10- Reduced Inequalities.
- Create awareness on SDG 16- Peace ,Justice and strong institutions and work with SNCC to support SDG 16.
- Using my skills in peer counselling training at Kisii University to counsel and mentor children and younger people.
I believe in this call to save our young people for without them there is no generation.Christine Owiti
Christine Owiti is a Volunteer and a devoted servant in volunteering field, having been a liaison officer during the 1st Global Sustainable Blue Economy conference that was carried out in Kenya, Gold Awardee in the President’s Award-Kenya, a volunteer during the international youth fellowship in collaboration with South Korea, volunteer in Orientation of first years in the campus, nurturing the less privileged in both children’s home and Kisii Rehabilitation and Vocational Center, where we have initiated the "Smart Agriculture" by planting vegetables in plastic bags to help reduce poverty, as the initiative acts as a source of income. I am also a certified First Aider under St.John’s Ambulance.
Request for Support
With the support of SNCC, we will end gender inequalities affecting girls and young women in our society. We therefore call for your help and the support of SNCC Foundation to bring to an end the injustice facing children and young people, caused by the SDG challenges.
We are ready to learn and equip ourselves with more knowledge and skills from your foundation and the world at large to save our Generation.